Off-Grid Solar Energy Yukon OK
Advanced Solar & Wind Technologies L.L.C.
6115 Winslet Dr.
Wind & Solar power
Sun City Solar Energy, LLC
8404 E. 82nd St.
Solar Electric Power, Solar Hot Water Heating, Solar Pool Heaters commercial and Residential Design and Install
Key Energy Mid-Continent
60208 S Elkhart
11808 E Timbercreek Ln
Sunrise Alternative Energy
500B South Coltrane
1912 N Moulton Ct
Oklahoma City, OK
36 NE 46th St
Oklahoma City, OK
Off Grid PV Systems
The following are elements of off grid, independent solar electricity systems. Anyone with an off grid system will need to know how their system works and the basic function of all elements of their solar electric system.
Off-grid systems can be installed by a professional installer. Many amateur electricians and independent power enthusiasts create and engineer their own solar energy systems.
Components you really need to understand:
- Solar panels collect sunlight and convert it into an electrical current. Solar panels are supported by solar mounts (or racks).
- Backup generator. These are required for emergencies and to cover your energy when you get weeks without sunshine. Some true greens will forego these, as they are noisy and polluting.
- An inverter is an important part of many energy systems. It converts direct current (DC) energy into more widely usable alternating current (AC) energy.
- Batteries store energy for later use. To learn more see our page on batteries.
- Wiring to the house's "normal electricity." By this, we mean the house's breaker panel and beyond that, what electricians call your "load."
- A system meter measures how full your battery is, how much electricity the panels are producing and how much electricity you are using.
- A main DC disconnect is found in any battery-based system, between the battery and the inverter. This is a large breaker to allow easy shut off, for battery se...
Click here to read more from The Solar Guide