Off-Grid Solar Energy San Diego CA
Local resource for off-grid solar energy in San Diego, CA. Includes detailed information on local businesses that provide access to solar power system, flexible solar panels, off grid panels, and grid tie solar panels as well as advice and content on solar energy, and power output.
San Diego Renewable Energy Society (SDRES)
P.O. Box 927203
San Diego, CA
20953 Devonshire St. #2
409 international blvd
Northern California Solar Energy Association (NorCal Solar)
P.O. Box 3008
Power Shacks, Inc
2610 Hwy 32
6165 Agee Street
San Diego, CA
130 E DALE
169 hookston rd
Pleasant Hill, CA
Solar Living Association
13771 S. Highway 101
Base Energy Inc
5 3rd St Ste 630
San Francisco, CA
Data Provided By:
The following are elements of off grid, independent solar electricity systems. Anyone with an off grid system will need to know how their system works and the basic function of all elements of their solar electric system.
Off-grid systems can be installed by a professional installer. Many amateur electricians and independent power enthusiasts create and engineer their own solar energy systems.
Components you really need to understand:
- Solar panels collect sunlight and convert it into an electrical current. Solar panels are supported by solar mounts (or racks).
- Backup generator. These are required for emergencies and to cover your energy when you get weeks without sunshine. Some true greens will forego these, as they are noisy and polluting.
- An inverter is an important part of many energy systems. It converts direct current (DC) energy into more widely usable alternating current (AC) energy.
- Batteries store energy for later use. To learn more see our page on batteries.
- Wiring to the house's "normal electricity." By this, we mean the house's breaker panel and beyond that, what electricians call your "load."
- A system meter measures how full your battery is, how much electricity the panels are producing and how much electricity you are using.
- A main DC disconnect is found in any battery-based system, between the battery and the inverter. This is a large breaker to allow easy shut off, for battery se...
Click here to read more from The Solar Guide