Off-Grid Solar Energy Livonia MI
Mechanical Energy Systems
8130 Canton Center Rd.
Solar Electric (PV), Solar Water heating, solar pool heating, solar space heating, solar attic fans, tubular skylights, high efficiency furnaces and A/C
Whitley Auditing Firm
19512 Northrop St
Infinity Energy Inc
65 Cadillac Sq Ste 2815
Woodward Pechtree Capital Partners
3434 Russell St
Great Lakes Renewable Energy Association
257 South Bridge Street
The Solar Specialist
8130 Canton Center Rd.
Solar electricity (PV), solar hot water, solar pool heating, solar space heating, tubular skylights, solar attic fans.
Community Energy Solution Program
6327 Burlingame St
535 Griswold St
4082 Biddle Ave.
Photovoltaic, solar hot water, design, lighting,batteries, inverters,solar pool heating
Event Horizon Solar & Wind Inc
6080 Knoll Dr
Solar and wind sales and installation.
Off Grid PV Systems
The following are elements of off grid, independent solar electricity systems. Anyone with an off grid system will need to know how their system works and the basic function of all elements of their solar electric system.
Off-grid systems can be installed by a professional installer. Many amateur electricians and independent power enthusiasts create and engineer their own solar energy systems.
Components you really need to understand:
- Solar panels collect sunlight and convert it into an electrical current. Solar panels are supported by solar mounts (or racks).
- Backup generator. These are required for emergencies and to cover your energy when you get weeks without sunshine. Some true greens will forego these, as they are noisy and polluting.
- An inverter is an important part of many energy systems. It converts direct current (DC) energy into more widely usable alternating current (AC) energy.
- Batteries store energy for later use. To learn more see our page on batteries.
- Wiring to the house's "normal electricity." By this, we mean the house's breaker panel and beyond that, what electricians call your "load."
- A system meter measures how full your battery is, how much electricity the panels are producing and how much electricity you are using.
- A main DC disconnect is found in any battery-based system, between the battery and the inverter. This is a large breaker to allow easy shut off, for battery se...
Click here to read more from The Solar Guide