Off-Grid Solar Energy Goodyear AZ
SunRise Solar by Pima
9012 W. Bloomfield Rd
Perfect Power Inc
120 E Van Buren St
The Solar Store, LLC
2833 North Country Club Road
Rosie On the House Referral Network
Data Provided By:
Affordable Energy Solutions of Arizona
154 W 5th St #110
Energy Analysis, Solar, Solar Hot Water, Window Films & Tints, Radiant Barriers, Attic & Garage Fans.
Solar Thermal Solutions LLC
1607 N Wilmot Rd Ste 102 D
Atlantic Group The
2432 W Peoria Ave
Energy Compliance Consulting LLC
2021 N Alvarado Rd
Arizona Solar Energy Association
PO Box 5583
1330 W. Auto Drive, Suite 110
Tankless Hot Water Heater Installation, Solar Hot Water Heater Installation
Guardian Energy Solutions, Inc
Data Provided By:
Off Grid PV Systems
The following are elements of off grid, independent solar electricity systems. Anyone with an off grid system will need to know how their system works and the basic function of all elements of their solar electric system.
Off-grid systems can be installed by a professional installer. Many amateur electricians and independent power enthusiasts create and engineer their own solar energy systems.
Components you really need to understand:
- Solar panels collect sunlight and convert it into an electrical current. Solar panels are supported by solar mounts (or racks).
- Backup generator. These are required for emergencies and to cover your energy when you get weeks without sunshine. Some true greens will forego these, as they are noisy and polluting.
- An inverter is an important part of many energy systems. It converts direct current (DC) energy into more widely usable alternating current (AC) energy.
- Batteries store energy for later use. To learn more see our page on batteries.
- Wiring to the house's "normal electricity." By this, we mean the house's breaker panel and beyond that, what electricians call your "load."
- A system meter measures how full your battery is, how much electricity the panels are producing and how much electricity you are using.
- A main DC disconnect is found in any battery-based system, between the battery and the inverter. This is a large breaker to allow easy shut off, for battery se...
Click here to read more from The Solar Guide