Micro-Hydro Contractors Olive Branch MS
Thompson Engineers Inc
97 Tillman St
Insulation & Refractories Services Inc
462 Decatur St
3150 Stage Post Dr
Renewable Energy Research & Training Inc
4334 Cleopatra Dr
Wind And Water power turbines
Mississippi Solar Energy Society
P.O. Box 141
Soefker Services Llc
1568 Panama St
5401 Crestview Dr
6935 Appling Farms Pkwy
Kronos Energy Solutions
9595 Macon Road
Cordova , TN
Small Wind Turbines
p.o box 223
Micro-Hydro: Installation and Components
In order to build a micro-hydro system, you will need the following system components. You can attempt this yourself, if you:
- are an electrician,
- know a lot about construction (and )
- have proper permits from local authorities, both to build and alter water course.
If not, feel free to read on anyway, consult a micro-hydro contractor after taking a peek at our advice on choosing a micro hydro contractor .
The components of a micro-hydro system include:
- pipes - learn about pipeline sizing
- micro hydro turbines
- generator (see below)
- charge controllers
- battery (see below)
Learn more about some key components:
- Balance of system, as with other renewable energy systems, refers to all aspects of the energy production other than the actual harvester of energy.
- Generators, in a micro-hydro system, can require special consideration, as these are likely to interact closely with the water. For example, the magnets may need regular replacing (due to exposure to water), so purchasing a permanent magnet type of generator may be an unwise expenditure.
In all aspects of a micro hydro system, the key thing to remember is that everything gets wet.
An interesting aspect of micro hydro systems is that batteries last longer than those used by other renewable energy systems. This is because they do not discharge as frequently, especially if you have year round streaming water (in which case you might c...
Click here to read more from The Solar Guide