Micro-Hydro Contractors Claymont DE
Energy Choice Solutions
913 Shenandoah Lane
West Chester, PA
Data Provided By:
1926 Arch St
Energy Coordinating Agency
1924 Arch St
Malcolm Pirnie Inc
111 S Independence Mall E
Clt Technologies Group
1818 Market St
Mondre Energy Inc
1880 John F Kennedy Blvd
135 S. 23rd Street
Clean Energy USA, LLC
37510 Oyster House Road Suite 2
Rehoboth Beach, DE
Data Provided By:
Micro-Hydro: Installation and Components
In order to build a micro-hydro system, you will need the following system components. You can attempt this yourself, if you:
- are an electrician,
- know a lot about construction (and )
- have proper permits from local authorities, both to build and alter water course.
If not, feel free to read on anyway, consult a micro-hydro contractor after taking a peek at our advice on choosing a micro hydro contractor .
The components of a micro-hydro system include:
- pipes - learn about pipeline sizing
- micro hydro turbines
- generator (see below)
- charge controllers
- battery (see below)
Learn more about some key components:
- Balance of system, as with other renewable energy systems, refers to all aspects of the energy production other than the actual harvester of energy.
- Generators, in a micro-hydro system, can require special consideration, as these are likely to interact closely with the water. For example, the magnets may need regular replacing (due to exposure to water), so purchasing a permanent magnet type of generator may be an unwise expenditure.
In all aspects of a micro hydro system, the key thing to remember is that everything gets wet.
An interesting aspect of micro hydro systems is that batteries last longer than those used by other renewable energy systems. This is because they do not discharge as frequently, especially if you have year round streaming water (in which case you might c...
Click here to read more from The Solar Guide